Random Acts of Kindness Week 2021
February 14th to the 20th is Random Acts of Kindness Week – a week to prioritise kind gestures towards others.
The organisation ‘Random Acts of kindness Foundation’ (https://www.randomactsofkindness.org/) is raising awareness for the week and is offering resources and ideas to aid people in campaigning.
The smallest act of kindness can change a life, for both the giver and the receiver. Acting compassionately:
- Benefits mental health and happiness
- Helps reduce stress
- Improves emotional wellbeing
- Improves support networks
- Improves self-esteem
- Creates a sense of belonging for the receiver – important during the pandemic when feelings of isolation are high
- Can boost confidence and optimism
- Encourages the receiver to repeat the good deeds they’ve experienced
Here are some examples of random acts of kindness that you can try:
- Call/write to a friend
- Help with household chores
- Support a local business
- Check in on someone who is going through a tough time
- Offer to help an elderly or vulnerable neighbour
- Support a charity
- Litter picking
- Wish people a good morning or afternoon
- Have a break from social media
- Go outside for a walk and spend time in nature
If you feel you are suffering due to your mental health and feel you would like further support, The Eaves has a variety of trained Counsellors, Psychologists and Psychotherapists in Guildford, Godalming and Farnham. Our professionals see individuals of all ages, families, couples and young people 12 hours a day, Monday to Saturday between 9am and 9pm. Please call 01483 917000. You can also send us an enquiry. Click here to find out more.